To inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
- Phase 1: Identify and negotiate terms for a temporary site location.
- Begin a campaign to raise the needed resources to open a club.
- Phase 2: Secure a permanent location for a club and conduct a capital campaign to build a permanent club facility.
- Keep our community informed in regard to progress
- Identify and recruit volunteers to support the Boys and Girls Club work.
- Educate the community about Boys and Girls Clubs.
Why Boys & Girls Clubs Are Special
Four key characteristics define the essence of a Boys & Girls Club. All are critical in exerting positive impact on the life of a child:
- Dedicated Youth Facility: The Boys & Girls Club is a place – an actual neighborhood-based building – designed solely for youth programs and activities.
- Open Daily: The Club is open every day, after school, when kids have free time and need positive, productive outlets.
- Professional Staff: Every Club has full- and part-time, trained youth development professionals, providing positive role models and mentors. Volunteers provide key supplementary support.
- Available/Affordable to All Youth: Membership dues are affordable. Clubs reach out to kids who may lack access to other community programs.
An Optimal Club Experience
All Clubs focus to provide to as many young people as possible:
- Supportive relationships with caring adults
- A safe, positive environment
- Recognition for who kids are and what they can achieve
- Fun and a sense of belonging
Delivering this Club Experience at the highest level is the most important thing that can be done for the children in our community – because every kid, regardless of income or circumstance, deserves the opportunity to thrive and an equal chance to reach their full potential.